Visit the Borghese Gallery in Rome – Save €16.00
Free Entry* to the Borghese Gallery
Normal Ticket Price: €16
*free entry into 2 out of 6 top Roma Pass attractions
Admire masterpieces from Caravaggio to Bernini at one of Rome's most popular art galleries located in the beautiful Villa Borghese park
The Borghese Gallery is an art gallery housed in the old Villa Borghese Pinciana. It exhibits an impressive display of the Borghese collection of sculptures, paintings and classical antiquities dating back 2,000 years. Surrounded by the beautiful Villa Borghese Park, it’s set in the perfect location for a bit of culture and quiet sanctuary from the busy centre of Rome.
- Paintings by Caravaggio, Botticelli and Raphael
- Sculptures by baroque artist Gian Lorenzo Bernini
- 17th century neoclassical renovation of Scipione Borghese’s original building
- Over 2,000 years of art from ancient antiquities to Renaissance paintings
Did you know:
- The Borghese Gallery houses the largest collection of private art in the world
- During a period of ‘struggle’ the Borghese family had to sell 500 pieces of art to Napoleon to cover their debts
- Villa Borghese park is the third largest park in Rome and imitates a naturalistic English garden in style, spanning across 148 acres within central Rome
Things to see:
Sala de Sileno
Admire Caravaggio’s masterpieces which dominate a central room in the gallery. Pay particular note to the David with the head of Goliath (1609) which was a self-portrait sent to the Pope to beg for forgiveness after Caravaggio was accused of murder. Other works include St Jerome (1606), Young Sick Bacchus (1593) and Boy with a basket of fruit (1593).
Bernini’s Baroque sculptures
Pay homage to the classic baroque style, brainchild of Gian Lorenzo Bernini himself. Villa Borghese Gallery holds some of Bernini’s most impressive sculptures from the 1620s to 1650s, including the famous Apollo and Daphne which was created for the founder of the gallery, Scipione Borghese, by Bernini at the tender age of 24.
NOTE: It is necessary to make a reservation for the Borghese Gallery. To make a reservation please call +39 06 32810 (open Monday to Friday, 9:00 to 18:00 – Saturdays, 9:00 to 13:00)
How to get there:
- Pinciana- Museo Borghese (Bus 52, 53, 83, 92, 217, 360, 910)
*The Roma Pass allows you free entry to 2 out of 6 top attractions for free including the Coliseum, Palatine Hill & Roman Forum, Capitolini Museums, Borghese Gallery and National Museum of Castel Sant'Angelo
see the: full list of attractions included
It’s unbelievable good card. We skipped all lines in September. We used free public transportation at night after dinner when we felt we really got tired. It’s great!
Lyudmila Leontyeva from USA
|Tuesday||08:30 - 19:30|
|Wednesday||08:30 - 19:30|
|Thursday||08:30 - 19:30|
|Friday||08:30 - 19:30|
|Saturday||08:30 - 19:30|
|Sunday||08:30 - 19:30|
Closed: Mondays, 24th December, 31st December, 1st January
Loading Map - Please wait...
Piazzale del Museo , Borghese, 5 - 00197 Rome
+39 06 841 3979